Next Recital: November 10, 2019
- January 12, 2020
- March 29, 2020
- May 10, 2020
- July 12, 2020
An opportunity to
- gain experience in performing
- try out repertoire before an audition or performance
- enjoy playing for an audience (for those who do)/li>
The recitals have run four or five times a year since 2010.
Levels and ages
Players of any level or age are welcome. We have had players ranging from just starting to advanced to professional. There have been kids, teenagers, adults and senior citizens.
Instruments and levels
Any instruments and repertoire are accepted. We have a lot of piano solo, but we have also had
- violinists, cellists, flutists and clarinetists playing with accompaniment
- chamber groups such as piano trios and quartets and string quartets
- two piano music — mostly Concerto Program participants who want to try out parts of their concertos
- four hand piano
Most of the recitals are held in a private home in Bala Cynwyd, PA. There are two Steinway grand pianos in excellent condition and space for about 30 in the audience. A few performances are held at Cunningham piano in King of Prussia, PA. They provide two excellent grand pianos and space for more audience.
There is no charge for playing or attending. A donation to Moxart is very welcome.
How to Register
Email email@example.com stating
- the person’s name
- the repertoire including composer, work, and movements; for the work please include the opus #, key, nicknames, or other identifiers
- approximate length of time needed; there is a formal limit of 20 minutes, which may be reduced if a recital is full